Innovative design, sleek shape and profile, refined interior decoration, friendly, intimate atmosphere: French designers and decorators have managed to give this ship a unique style and veritable signature of its own. Combinations of fine materials, colours and tones harmoniously livened up with touches of bright colour, elegant lines, discreet and subtle refinement… everything has been designed to create a unique atmosphere onboard, a veritable personality: the chic style and naturally relaxing ambiance of a veritable private yacht.
See the webcam
Our ship L’Austral has many spaces designed and fitted out with the need to provide privacy for all passengers in mind. Cosy and refined in feel and atmosphere, these lively spaces provide moments of relaxation and conviviality to suit every taste..
An essential component of French culture, fine cuisine naturally has a place of honour onboard this megayacht.
To the rear of deck 2 you'll find a gastronomic restaurant big enough to seat all passengers together at one sitting.
Enjoy breakfasts, buffet lunches and themed dinners in a relaxed atmosphere at the grill restaurant on Deck 6.
Because our cruises combine exploration with elegance, we offer exceptional services, worthy of the highest standards of luxury, whether it's on board our ships or during your excursions or outings and landings. Enjoy a refined atmosphere throughout the day which complements the exotic nature of the programmes on land.
Get off to a good start every day on board.
- Hot drinks and pastries are served from 6:30 to 10:30 for early risers and late risers.
- Enjoy your breakfast in the cabin with room service, in the restaurant or outside if weather permits
- Enjoy Lenôtre pastries cooked on board, bread made daily by our French baker, home-made cakes and muffins, pancakes, waffles, eggs, cheeses and cold cuts, detox juices, and more.
On board, enjoy our varied buffet. Among the wide choice of salads, vegetables, meat and fish, desserts and pastries, choose a starter, a main dish and a dessert that have been specially cooked for you based on the theme of the day (Corsica, Mediterranean, Asian, barbecue, Italian, etc.)
A restaurant on land is booked for day trips.
Want to stay on board to enjoy a moment of relaxation?
- Attend a talk given by one of our prestigious guests of honour.
- Book a massage or treatment at the spa.
- Relax by the pool or in the library, keep fit in the gym or enjoy some quiet time by selecting the cruise photos taken by the teams from the PONANT Studio on the l’Application or on the computers.
Your afternoon continues with the terrestrial trips that you have booked to complement your Yachting cruise.
On Expedition cruises, enjoy guided trips by our naturalist-guides and discover new lands.
- Around 4 p.m., after having enjoyed a few sweet treats with cold or hot drinks accompanied by music in the Grand salon, it's time to get ready for dinner. Our Hairdresser Advisors will offer you personalised services in the Hairdressing Salon.
- Enjoy the peace and quiet of your cabin to watch one of the 60 movies available in multiple languages on your TV, to book a tour through the app or to immerse yourself in a book on your private balcony.
- Browse in the shop or stroll through the ship's various social spaces, in the observatory lounge (on the PONANT EXPLORERS and Le Ponant), the panoramic lounge (on the Sisterships) or the Blue Eye on the PONANT EXPLORERS, with a glass of champagne or a delicious cocktail in your hand.
Your late afternoon continues in front of a beautiful sunset to the sound of beautiful melodies played on the piano, with an aperitif. Every day, discover a new cocktail recipe. Dinner follows, cooked by our chefs in keeping with the tradition of grand French fine dining.
Your evening follows on with entertainment in the Grand Salon or the Theatre. Enjoy an evening dancing, a classical concert, a show performed by our professional dancers or a film projection on the big screen.
After booking your cruise, download the PONANT app from the Apple Store or Google Play. It will support you throughout your voyage. Before your cruise, get practical information about how to pack your bag, the composition of the team on board, pre-book your excursions, etc. During your trip, enjoy daily highlights of your cruise, make an appointment with the spa, order the photos from the cruise and book your excursions.
Faithful to its desire to always maintain a certain kind of lifestyle onboard, PONANT once again places the emphasis on elegance and intimacy by keeping the number of staterooms limited: just 132 staterooms!
Your stateroom category
360° virtual tour of l'Austral
Discover our ship L'Austral in video
"I went on an expedition cruise around the subantarctic islands onboard the L'Austral, sailing from Dunedin to Wellington. Life onboard the L'Austral was relaxed and peaceful. We ate very well, the meals were varied, the staff were attentive and friendly, and the ship's crew were remarkable when it came to getting us in and out of the Zodiac inflatables."
The subantarctic islands onboard L’Austral